and DISSEMINATION of PROGRAMMES of ANTI-CORRUPTION EDUCATION
PROJECT SUPPORTED BY:
Foundation for Education Change, Lithuania
Modern Didactics Center, Lithuania
Special Investigation Service of the Republic of Lithuania
Transparency International-Lithuanian Chapter
Evaldas BAKONIS - head of Textbooks Research and Information Center at
Education Development Centre, teacher of Vilnius S.Daukantas secondary
dr.Vaiva VAICEKAUSKIENE - specialist of the Center for Education
Arturas PALIUSIS - head of Public Education and Support unit, Special
Aida MARTINKENIENE - senior specialist of Special Investigation Service
This project prolongs activities started with the project "Education against
Corruption" (2002-2003). During that project integrated
programme of anti-corruption education for a school of general
education was created and tested at eleven project schools, various
anti-corruption extra-curricular activities were organized at schools.
This project was initiated to contribute Lithuania National
Anti-Corruption Programme (adopted by the Seimas on 17 January 2002,
No. IX-711) by implementing following directions: „8.2.3.
to organize anti-corruption training seminars for various public groups
and provide them with knowledge and skills to fight with corruption, to
share opinions and latest information about anti-corruption activities
stride in the country; 8.2.4. to create and implement anti-corruption
education programmes for schools of general and higher
The project was aimed to form values and develop skills, that form
young people and their educators' civic attitudes towards corruption.
- To prepare in-service training programme of
- To prepare team of trainers able to consult and train
- To set up centers of anticorruption education in
- To develop strategic plans of anticorruption
activities in the regions working in close cooperation with schools,
municipalities and local communities.
- To improve and complement the integrated programme of
anti-corruption education for a school of general education.
Project was devoted to teaches and pupils of
a school of general education, school and local communities.
Teachers, participated in the project "Education against Corruption",
were invited to join this project.
22 teachers from following schools participated in the
Anyksciai A.Baranauskas secondary school
Elektrenai secondary school "Azuolynas"
Gargzdai gymnasium "Vaivorykste"
Kedainiai secondary school "Atzalynas"
Panevezys secondary school No.9
Pasvalys P.Vileisis gymnasium
Radviliskis Vaizgantas gymnasium
Siauliai St.Salkauskis secondary school
- Preparing of training course/module for teachers
- Improvement of the integrated programme of anti-corruption education
for a school of general education
- Development of in-service training programme for teachers
29-30 March 2004
- Seminar for trainers "Critical Thinking Methodology for
- 28 April 2004 - seminar for trainers "Foundations of Adult Education"
- 29 April 2004 - seminar for trainers, school principals and
representatives of municipalities "Principles of Strategic Planning"
- Development of strategic plans of anti-corruption activities in
26-27 August 2004
- seminar for trainers "Development of In-service Training Programme of
- Final preparation and publication of integrated and in-service
- Pilot in-service training seminars in regions
- Observation of project participants' lessons and seminars
- 17 December - Presentation of project results and regional strategic
plans of anticorruption education in final conference
- Training workshops for project participants
- Additional teaching materials for teachers prepared.
- In-service training programme "Possibilities of
Anti-corruption Education at a School of General Education" developed
and tested in pilot seminars.
- Project trainers from nine Lithuanian schools
- The integrated programme of anti-corruption education
for a school of general education improved.
- Strategic plans of corruption prevention prepared in
of Anti-Corruption Education at a School of General Education:
Methodical Materials. - Vilnius : Centre for Educational
Supplies of the Ministry of Education and Science, 2005.
This methodical publication was based on
materials, prepared implementing projects "Education against
Corruption" (2002-2003) and “Development and Dissemination of
Programmes for Anti-Corruption Education " (2004). The publication
demonstrates possibilities of anti-corruption education integration
into teaching subjects and extra-curricular activities. The publication
is completed with practical examples of lessons and extra-curricular
activities, additional information about corruption concept, and links
to various recourses. It is expected, that publication will be useful
for teachers, seeking to raise pupils civic attitudes.
Table of Contents
In-service training programme
"Possibilities of Anti-corruption Education at a School of General
Programme is devoted to subject teachers from a school of general
education, seeking to provide them with information about corruption
phenomenon, anti-corruption education and to encourage them to apply
elements of anti-corruption education at they lessons and
The programme became one of the permanent Modern Didactics Center's
in-service training programmes.